Monday, August 23, 2010

First full-kitchen meal



I made my first loaf of bread today. Somehow some of the flour in the bread machine didn't get mixed in, so half of it had a lot of flour coating the edge. However, the actual loaf part of the bread tasted better than usual. Maybe I should use less bread flour than is called for. The green beans are fresh and steamed in the bag I got them in (5 mins in the microwave). A big slice of ham between some mayo-covered bread, and voila! Simple sandwich. Put some butter and a dash of Greek seasoning on the beans and it's a full meal.

Things I have learned:

1. Don't let the flour touch the side of the bread pan before you start it or it won't mix in all the way
2. Greek seasoning is amazing
3. Serrated is the way to go for cutting bread! Otherwise it just gets mushed when you try to cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment