Monday, September 13, 2010

Second Attempt at Bread Making


I used the same recipe as before, except making a 2 lb loaf instead of a 1.5 lb loaf. Right when the bread machine finished mixing, I looked in the top window. I could see there was still a lot of bread flower along the edges of the pan. So contrary to the dire warnings in the bread machine manual, I opened the lid and used a spoon to mix in the flour as well as I could. This didn't alter the bread's cooking at all. However, I must have missed some because part of the loaf still had some dry flour on the outside.




I had plenty of bread so I just cut off the parts of the crust with flour on it. The bread inside those sections is still just as good. Lots of nice warm bread! The crust was still pretty light, even with all the bread flour mixed in.


2 comments:

  1. Looks good but what is the recipe you used? GV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the 2-lb white loaf 58 minute express bake recipe that came with my bread machine which is as follows:

    1.5 cups + 1 tbs hot water
    3 tbs oil
    3 tbs sugar
    1.5 tsp salt
    4 cups bread flour
    2 tablespoons Red Star Quick Rise Yeast

    Mix all liquid ingredients first, then pour in the dry ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredients and put the yeast in the well. Then start the bread machine immediately.

    ReplyDelete