Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bite-size Garlic Baked Potatoes


I bought some small potatoes at the super market a while back. I've decided to bake them. First I coated them in some vegetable oil and poked them with a fork to let out steam as it cooks. Next I rolled them around in some garlic and Greek seasoning.


The next step is to wrap it in tin foil. I cut a piece that was maybe 5-6" long. Put the potatoes in line vertically on the foil and then folded it in half long ways. Curl up the edges over themselves to make a good seal. Next twist once or twice between the potatoes to seal each one individually.


Now it looks like a little snowman! I preheated the oven to 400F and put the foil pods right on the rack for about 25 minutes.



To be sure they were done I pulled them out of the oven and tried pressing on the potatoes through the foil with the back of a spoon to see if they were getting soft.They cooled off pretty quickly and I just untwisted the foil.



Voila! Yummy bite size potatoes.


They were good when they came out... buuuut why not make it better? I melted some Parmesan cheese, mixed it with a little garlic, cut open a slit in each potato, and put a bit of cheese inside. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment